News, happenings, and feedback from the Staff at the Cultural Activities Center in Temple, Texas.

9/11/2006

We Will Never Forget - Part 2

I was a freshman at UMHB. My day started like any other day. I got up, got ready for class, grabbed my backpack and headed to class. But that day was different.

On the way to class, I saw people standing in clusters talking, others with their heads bowed, and others kneeling at the UMHB bell. I got to the Davidson building where I had my computer class, and the lobby was packed with people around the TV in the hall. I kept thinking "what is going on? If those people keep standing around, they are going to be late for class." Ten minutes went by and in came out professor with a very sad look on his face. I was extremely concerned. Then, that was it. My professor announced, “Due to the present circumstances in New York, class is cancelled. I wish for you all to pray for the lives that are in danger, and for our country.” Then he left.

I was even more confused then ever because I had no idea what he was talking about. I leaned over to a friend of mine and asked her what was going on. She told me that the two towers in New York, the Trade Center, had been hit by an airplane. I stood there in shock. I thought she was kidding. But she wasn’t. She took me into the hall and we all stood in horror as we watched on the news as the second plane hit the second tower. I couldn’t believe it. I walked back to my dorm noticing all of my classmates and fellow crusaders kneeling, crying…praying.

I kept thinking to myself, God why is this happening? I ran up to my friend’s room, woke her up and told her what was happening. We turned on the news and we sat there crying as we watched the horrific event on TV. I never ever thought I would have witnessed something that awful in my life.

Kristen L.
Educational Coordinator

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home